- Perform the works of both established and emerging playwrights on a national and international stage
- Periodically commission new work
- Interact with audiences of all ages/social backgrounds
- Tour all productions as extensively as possible
- Fulfill an obligation to support local actors and help them to progress their respective careers
- Contribute to cultural development throughout NI
- Engage with all potential funding partners/sponsors and media outlets
- Meet the specific needs of organisations /individuals in taking forward their particular aims and objectives
- Apply the principles of good governance and be financially responsible in all its activities
Creative Director & Co-founder
Stephen co-founded the Company in 2005 when, as a graduate from Gaiety School of Acting, he wanted to create professional theatre in his home city of Belfast. He went on to act, produce and direct in over fifteen productions throughout the last ten years. He strongly believes that as a touring company in Northern Ireland, audiences should have the opportunity to experience professional theatre. The Company has toured extensively to rural areas on numerous occasions around the country and continue to explore opportunities nationally and internationally.
Derek has been a career administrator spending the majority of his working life within the Queen’s University of Belfast. Now retired, he brings to the Board experience gained at a senior administrative level, in a large complex organisation, particularly in respect of matters concerning governance and finance.
Sean is the Director of Burke Shipping Group Belfast. He has been instrumental in the
partnership formed between his company and c21. With his business background he has recently
driven the successful Arts and Business NI projects which have resulted in both companies being shortlisted.
He is a lover of the arts and passionate about young people getting involved.
Emer Dooris is a Queens University graduate with a Degree in Drama and Post Graduate Dipolma in Management. She has been involved in the arts from a young age and has had various positions in amateur and professional productions ranging from acting, stage management to light Operation. She currently works as an Operations manager at Odyssey Cinemas. She loves working with c21 Theatre and seeing it develop and grow in the past few years.
David is a practising lawyer and is also a former Lord Mayor of Belfast. He is a long term supporter of the arts and we are delighted to have him on our board!
Carrie-Anne McAlonan McCrudden
Carrie-Anne has almost 30 years experience working in the arts industry and has had the privilege of working with a range of companies in theatre, opera, musicals, theatre-in education and youth theatre. She has also worked in the private sector, working within the communication and educational sectors and with several management consultancies. She is the General Manager of Aisling Ghéar – the Irish language theatre company in Northern Ireland